Friday, January 28, 2011

The Dedication of the Dog Owner

If you have known me for long, or have been reading this blog at all, you will know that I constantly rage about irresponsible dog owners and the problems they cause. While I will not review the litany again here, suffice to say it is a long list that costs us, the taxpayer, a substantial amount of money.

So conversely, when I see a responsible dog owner really taking care of their dogs, I also like to make a big deal about it. I figure if other dog owners start to see what a "responsible dog owner" is they might emulate some or all of the behaviors. I believe that we become what we see, so seeing responsibility will with luck breed more responsibility. Monkey see, Monkey do!

It is for this reason that I wanted to share with you all my friend Kent, and his utter dedication to his dog Summit. Kent sent me the attached pictures to prove what he goes through for his dogs, and he included the following message:

"Your dog doesn't know that it's 18 degrees with a 10 MPH wind, he just knows it's the regular time that you go out for HIS walk. Gear up and enjoy moments when you have the entire park to yourselves ... your dog will thank you too."

Well Kent, it is to you and all the other dog owners that go the regular mile as well as (in your case) the extra mile to care for their dogs, that I say well done! This is truly outstanding and shows that you get it. They are not animals, they are not dogs, they are our friends and loved ones.

If you have a similar story we invite you to share them with us by emailing them (WITH PICTURES PLEASE!) to us at capawblehands@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think. Tell us about your experiences? We want to hear from you!